Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Coming To America

So this is it guys. I've been home now for almost 3 weeks and I still haven't gotten back into the swing of things. My flight home was long, tiring, I slept for almost 15 hours. Leaving was hard and emotionally draining. So many students from our group decided to spend their summers in Cape Town doing research so it was a bit sad to leave without so many of them. I wish I could have stayed longer but internships call...

Thank you to all of you that came along for this crazy ride through South Africa with me. I appreciate each and everyone of you that chose to read my blog. I've never been more self-reflective and critical about my own experiences so it was kind of cool to be able to let that all out.

This blogging thing is kind of cool, I think I have a new hobby ;-) But, until next time Blogspot. I'm so glad I'll have this little online journal forever so I'll never quite forget how awesome South Africa is/was to me. But unfortunately, this is where our journey ends, for now at least...

Love,
Britt

& this picture is what you call separation anxiety... (It was taken right after our final presentations as we attempted to reenact our first day walking to class together)



No comments:

Post a Comment